Thursday 2 June 2011

Daily painting #15

Forelle Pears
5 x 7 inch oil on canvas board
SOLD

I have never painted Forelle pears before and they were quite a challenge. They are such a different shape and colour to conference pears that I am used to, they have quite a striking line between the colours, its like two different pears have been cut in half and then stuck back together the wrong way. They were fun to paint though and I have tomorrows painting planned, it will be a pear and red grapes. These pears are not always available in the small supermarkets we have in Ruthin so I will make the most of them.

I think I will be painting strawberries again very soon as today we picked the first crop from the garden, didn't have time to paint them as we ate them all and they were fantastic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...