Monday 16 May 2011

New blog and new paintings



Tomato
10 x 10cm. Oil on canvas board

Welcome to my new blog! To start things off I have taken part in a  weekly challenge from dailypaintworks.com. This is the first challenge I have taken part in, The challenge was to paint a vegetable, so for my first go at it  I chose to paint a single tomato in the spotlight. I like to paint in small format and these great little 10cm square canvas boards are fun. For my second entry I chose chillies.


Chillies
5x7 inch. oil on canvas board
SOLD

I haven't painted many veg before, so these challenges were a welcome change from my usually fruity paintings. For my third and final veg entry for the week, I painted some asparagus, I found this one the most difficult to paint, and it took a bit longer than I had planned. This was my first ever attempt at painting asparagus.


Asparagus
7x5 inch. oil on canvas board






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...